Thursday, December 1, 2011

dear Santa Claus

Can you believe that Christmas is right around the corner? Me neither! Well, sticking with tradition, we sat down to write Jolly Ole' Saint Nick a letter! We had a little brainstorming party to come up with some ideas, and then began the letter to Santa.
Straight from my oldest girls mouth....

Dear Santa,

          I hope you are having a great day at the North Pole! I want you to know that I have been really nice this year, but I have also made some mistakes. God forgives me for my mistakes though! I have lots of questions for you, Are the elves making lots of toys in the workshop? Do you like Buddy as much as we do? Also, do the reindeer wear really loud jingle bells, so I can hear them when you come to my house? What is your favorite color? I like pink and purple!
          I hope you will bring me some toys. What I really want is….
A ring that is pink with green polka dots, a tea set, some new books, like Pinkilicious, and a Belle princess dress with Belle shoes. I think my sister would like a Snow White baby doll and a Snow White dress. I think she will share with me too! Also she might like some beautiful gold shoes with real diamonds on them! My mommy might like a new dress and my daddy would like a football shirt. And can you bring Lily and Dottie some new bouncy balls to play with?
          You are the best and just to let you know, me, Emmee Kate and my mommy will bake you your favorite cookies and leave you your favorite milk the night you come to visit!
 I love you,
Haddee

Obviously, your letter will be completely different from ours, but it really is so fun to do!
The best part is Santa will write your child back {wink..wink}
All you have to do is create a letter from Santa to your child. Make it very personal, so they will be super excited! Then prepare an envelope that is already addressed & stamped. Put that envelope in a bigger one and ship it to:
Santa Claus 
325 S. Santa Claus Lane
North Pole, Alaska 99705-9998
When the North Pole post office receives and opens the package, they'll find the letter inside and drop it back in the mail to you. Yelp, how's that for some Christmas cheer!
This is from last year, but it shows you that it is from the North Pole~ pretty awesome!
 Our letter on display from Santa

Here is what our letter said last year from Mr. Claus.

Dear Haddee,

        Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas! I received your letter here at the North Pole and have been working hard to get ready for Christmas!  I read in your letter that you really like princesses and fairies. Have you been a good girl this year? I sure hope so because my elves and I have been making special princess and fairy toys just for you! I also have been working on a special baby doll just for your sister Emmee Kate! And I didn’t forget about your doggies, Lily and Dottie, I sure hope they like bones!
        Take good care of my helper elf Buddy while he stays at your house. He sure has been enjoying your family! He especially likes it when you share your toys with Emmee Kate and you listen to your daddy and mommy! I hope you keep up the good work!
 Don’t forget to leave cookies and milk out for me and some snacks for the reindeer on Christmas Eve! See you soon!
                                       
                                        Love,
                                     Santa Claus
       


No comments:

Post a Comment